Interested in becoming a vendor?
Viva SGV! Open Streets sponsored by Metro is an outdoor family event that will transform streets into “paved parks.” Families, cycling enthusiasts, and children of all ages will lace up their sneakers, oil their skate wheels and pump up their bike tires to cycle, run, walk, and play in the street on nearly 5 miles of El Monte/South El Monte streets that will be closed to cars.
Activity Hubs: Vendors will be invited to join the fun at the Activity Hubs. Participants will cycle, walk, run, dance or stroll between “Activity Hubs”, including: (1) Arceo Park (El Monte) and (2) Mary Van Dyke (South El Monte)
- Bicycle and pedestrian safety trainings
- Physical activity challenges
- Children’s art workshops
- Nutrition education discussions
- Healthy food and beverage demos and
- Health and wellness lifestyle tips and strategies
- Music, Art and Entertainment
Vendor Rules and Regulations:
- Hot Food sales are limited to food trucks vendors only due to safety considerations.
- Non-food related sales and pre-packaged food sales open to El Monte and South El Monte non-profit organizations, schools and businesses.
- Vendor deadline is Wednesday, June 1st, 2016.
- TO AVOID DUPLICATION, NO FOOD OR BEVERAGES may be sold unless permitted.
- Items deemed objectionable or in poor taste may not be sold.
- The cities of El Monte and South El Monte and Event Sponsors shall not be held liable for any damages and/or injuries incurred by any vendor while on site.
- All unsold items must be taken home immediately after the event.
- This application is NOT transferable.
- Participants must be self-contained. No tables, chairs or table cover(s) will be supplied.
- Electricity is NOT available.
- Check-in Time: Begins at 8:30AM. Must check in with Jeanette Flores BEFORE setting up. Vendors must be set-up by 9:30AM.